Thursday 6 September 2012

Learning to blog on the go, only for Diptyque

Well today should have been my day off work, but the opportunity came up to attend a training morning with fragrance and candle experts Diptyque and I couldn't pass it up! I love the candles and my partner uses their world famous Philosykos (fig) EDT, so off I trotted to Manchester to fill my head and nose with wonderful facts and smells.

I'm not going to focus on one particular product today, more on the brand name and what choices they provide their customers. As it has created such a extensive and unique range, it's only fair to familiarise people with a range of choices :) today's training was a good catch up on all their candles and the scents behind them, which is something I personally find fascinating! How a smell goes from a flower/root/leaf and so on and so on to a candle that burns for 60 hours, smells incredible all the way through burning and is free from any nasties is very interesting! Or maybe it's just me!

Diptyque was started in France and their flagship store resides in Paris, they have developed the range over 50 years and it shows in the quality of their finished product, each candle, perfume, oil and body care item has been perfected.

They cater for all tastes, from Eau Rose which is a beautiful perfume with notes of lychee, roses, honey and musk to the unusual Vetyver candle, which is developed from the roots of a grassy plant. It's smokey, woody and beautiful.

If you like floral, then the tuberose candle will be perfect for you as its strong and intense but the flowery smell of the tuberose shines through. A little idea of how intense tuberose is is that 72 hours after picking the flowers, they still haven't lost their amazing smell.

The Feu De Bois candle is perfect for a city dweller who craves the countryside, it's rare wood essences take you to the image of being plonked in front of a wood fire, breathing in its luxury.

And probably one of the most popular products is the Philosykos EDP, with it's white cedar and fig notes. Diptyque use all of the fig tree, the bark, leaves, branches and the actual fruit to give a varied scent, which believe me when you smell it you will understand what I mean. It's like heaven for someone who enjoys a musky but elegant smell!

Diptyque are launching a new fragrance soon and I'm already in love, but I will talk about that another day :)

Pop into your local Space NK and pick up your favourite luxury candle or scent soon as its so so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is going to be very, very bad for my wish list habit.

    ReplyDelete